Friday, March 22, 2013

At What Point Do We Become Valued?

I am frustrated because my friend who advises young girls to get abortions (she works at a call center: pregnancy crisis hotline) is (hypocritically) mourning the death of her friend, who was a kind of famous human rights advocate. Why is it tough for a person who advocates murder to deal with the death of a friend? That person who dies and leaves a family and a long exemplary career is no less valuable than the fetus that was aborted. The only difference is one got the chance to bypass the world's desire to murder it, and pursue God's planned life for it. One got snuffed out by human decision before having the chance. The difference -it seems -is what was left behind. The less you leave behind, the less valuable you are, I guess. But I tell you- in God's eyes, we all have the same value - He has a plan for all of us way before we are born. All I can say to my pal is - Thank God your friend wasn't aborted, at the advice of someone like you, eh?

No comments: