Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Homeless Brother's Blog

I have started a blog for my homeless brother.

Because he uses the computer at the public library - in whatever town he goes to, I thought it would help him to reach out on a blog in order to get connection to people (1) and give us some insight about the homeless from a real homeless person (2). No undercover phonies who want to write about the homeless.

My brother has been suffering from schizophrenia for many decades and has been homeless (by choice) for most. He has no communication or relationships within his own family. I don't know how he got my email. But I started receiving regular emails from him about 2 months ago.

I want to help - but if any of you have dealt with mental illness in your family - you know how futile that becomes.

I am hoping somebody out there will send him money, or start to email him - he needs shelter, yes. But he mostly needs friendships - his life is a lonely life and love can do wonders.

Please email him - or better yet, go to his blog and leave him comments or email him directly...or even wire him some money. This is the real deal.



No comments: