Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Transsexuals: Getting Back to Straight

OK, pardon me for my ignorance, but isn't a transsexual person - who takes 'corrective action' simply an intentionally constructed straight person? I mean, sure they may have more on their minds emotionally with identity crisis' and such, but logistically, aren't they just plain old straight people?

For example, if I were a male person trapped in a female body - I would probably be gay because I would therefore be attracted to females, right? But if I got my 'sex reassignment surgery' then I would become a male trapped in a male body, and thus...or, in other words I would then be STRAIGHT.

So like, with all this commotion about Chaz Bono right now because he is on the dancing show - he's getting all kinds of grief and press because he is being looked at like a social anomaly when,in fact, he is simply someone who took action to align with the gender he thought he was supposed to be. So now he's, well, a boring, overweight, middle-aged, STRAIGHT white guy. Right?

So, why all the attention? There are millions of boring-overweight-straight-white-guys. Why can't we give them a standing O????

No comments: